EDUCATION, PERFORMANCE and ENTERTAINMENT
January 2017: UPDATE, PLEASE READ!
I've worked in hundreds of schools and heritage sites since 1993 when I began my freelance career, as described on the site here.
In 2014 I made many changes, both to concentrate on my storytelling work, and to travel far less intensively.
So most of this website is now out of date! I am taking on storytelling work, where music plays a big role in sessions, but far less heritage work, likewise history sessions in schools.
Please see taleteller.co.uk
I plan to re-write this site; it will describe better the historical and traditional music work I offer now, mainly with Elizabeth York. Our duo makes presentations of instruments and their music to groups including Historical Societies and others.
There'll also be mention of composing work I've been doing, with commissions in 2016 related to the Shakespeare 400th Anniversary events.
Please watch this place!
- Established 1992 after 17 years' full-time teaching.
- Education work by qualified experienced teacher - no agency or employees.
- Heritage work experience across the country: English Heritage, National Trust, V&A, British Museum, Tower of London, many others.
- Radio and TV, including Time Team on More4
- Education work inspected by Ofsted 10 times to date, always positive.
- Previously CRB checked.
- Membership of two professional bodies, both requiring accreditation, both providing public liability insurance cover
- New STORYTELLING SITE : please visit my taleteller.co.uk site for details.
- 2013 - the year we were invited to work in Japan! Find more, and why we aren't, on my Interpretation page!
See About Richard for more.